Strength Workout (SWOD) A1. 5 x 4 Bench Press (60,65, 70, 75, 85% 1RM) A2. 4 x 15 Russian Swings
The road to success begins with the set-up position, which is the same for both Russian and American swings:
- Position your feet shoulder width or slightly wider than shoulder width apart.
- Place your weight on your heels.
- Keep your shoulders back and down and chest up.
- Sustain a tall spine and neutral head position.
- Focus your attention on a spot on the floor six feet in front of you.
- Tighten your glutes, thighs, and abs, and draw up your kneecaps.Finally, to prevent knee pain, remember to focus on a strong hip drive and having straight legs at the top of the swing. This position, combined with squeezing the glutes to protect the lower back, will prevent any unnecessary knee “snapping.”