Curry Chicken and Cauli Rice
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbs ginger root, finely minced or grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 6 mushrooms
- 1 large (10″-12″) zucchini
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- 1 (403 mL) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 4 Tbs fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
Curry Cauliflower Rice:
- 1 medium sized head of cauliflower
- 1/2 tsp ground curry powder
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- dash of cayenne pepper
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1 Tbs coconut or olive oil
- Mix the ginger root, garlic, cumin, coriander, cayenne, cardamom, cloves, sea salt and black pepper in a large bowl.
- Chop the chicken breasts into 1″ pieces and put in the bowl with the ginger, garlic and spices. Coat the chicken with the spice mixture and set aside.
- Wash and prepare the mushrooms, zucchini and bell pepper. Set aside.
- Over medium heat, add 2 Tbs coconut oil to a large skillet.
- When hot, add the chicken, mushrooms, coconut milk and lemon juice to the pan. Simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and bell pepper, and continue to cook until chicken is done (about 5-10 minutes).
- While the chicken is cooking, wash and rough chop the cauliflower.
- Place it in a large skillet with coconut or olive oil and cook over medium high heat until slightly softened.
- Place the cauliflower, curry powder, green onion and cayenne into a food processor and pulse until it has a grainy rice-like consistency. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve chicken curry over cauliflower rice and garnish with chopped cilantro, cucumber and red onion.