Today’s WOD Goblet Squats and A Mini Bear SWOD A1. 4 x 8 Goblet Squats A2. 4 x 6-12 Chin Ups STRICT The few coaching cues involved in the goblet squat more than suffice to get the job done:
- Hold a weight against the chest. If you have a kettlebell, grab it by the horns; with a dumbbell, hold one of the heads up vertically between your palms.
- Position your feet so your stance is a smidge outside shoulder-width, with your toes pointed slightly out. If you’re taller, you may need to widen the stance a little more.
- Drop it like it’s hot. That is, sit back and down between the knees, keeping your chest up the whole time. Make sure you’re not falling forward or rounding your back.
- Go down as low as you can while keeping your feet flat on the floor. If your heels come up, your stance is still too narrow.
- At the bottom, brush your elbows down the inside of your legs and push your knees out. This is what makes the goblet squat so special, so let me say that again: knees out, knees out, knees out.
- Shoot back up and stand tall at the top.
WOD 3 sets of 5 1 Power Clean 1 Front Squat 1 Push Press 2 Front Lunges 1min rest in between sets