Push Jerk and Lunges This week we are starting back with the 5/3/1 cycle with Push Jerks. The Push Jerk is one of our 3 fundamental overhead lifts and takes probably the most timing to get down properly.
- The bar is racked up high on her shoulders. Uncomfortably high. Like touching your neck. With the weight resting completely on the body, not the arms.
- The dip down is short, quick, and very aggressive and the torso remains completely straight up and down.
- The drive up is equally aggressive.
- Push yourself underneath the bar to catch it.
- The feet are landing in a position you would feel comfortable squatting in. No wider.Strength Workout (SWOD) A. 3 x 5 Push Jerk A2. 3 x 5 Bench Mobilization 1min rest Workout of the Day (WOD) Today’s workout builds on the Overhead press movement with higher rep push presses. These will quite a bit lighter than the strength WOD today. Keep those abs tight during the push presses otherwise you will start leading with the rib cage. Keep it tight. 10min AMRAP 15 Push Press (50% of third set of Jerks) 30 Barbell Back Rack Lunges 45 Double Unders