Deadlift and Burpee Knee Tucks Coaches Corner: Max Deadlift Tips and Form Check List
- Shins on the bar – You must make sure you are as close to the bar as possible. This shortens the distance between the center of gravity (COG) of the bar and the COG of the lifter. This is the most advantageous leverage position.
- Big Air – You have to catch a big air to increase your intra-abdominal pressure.
- Force Your Abs Out – This along with a big air will provide you with a natural belt to ensure your lower back and abdominals are braced and strong. This technique is further enhanced when you actually wear a belt because you’ll be forcing your abdominals out against a rigid object.
- Do Not Jerk the Weight Off the Floor – Rather push the floor away after you develop a high level of full body tension.
- Keep the Bar Against Your Body the Entire Lift – Again, maximizing your leverages.
- Lockout With a Powerful Glute Contraction – Do not hyperextend your lower back, lock out your hips by forcibly contracting your glutes.
Strength WOD A1. 4 x 5 Deadlift (60,65,70,75) A2. 3 x 45sec Hollow Rocks WOD (workout of the day) 3 minute AMRAP – Guide to CrossFit acronyms. 3 Burpee Knee Tucks 6 Lunges 2 count 9 Kb Swings (53/35) 1min Rest 4 Rounds