Try CrossFit ! 10 Reasons why..
1. You won’t feel stupid. We specialize in guiding our beginners into class seamlessly. Worried about feeling dumb when you first walk through our doors? Think you’ll have a giant red neon sign pointing down on you saying “THIS PERSON IS NEW AND DUMB!!!” But the thing is, every CrossFitter across the world walked into a CrossFit gym for the first time. And 9/10 of them were nervous about it. We KNOW this, because we were that person once upon a time. So at CrossFit Tidal Wave, we work out absolute hardest to remove the fear. We work with our beginners extensively to get them ready and confident enough to join class. We will NEVER make you do something you are not capable of. We start off by having you come in for a complimentary 1 hour Intro where we can show you around the gym, answer questions you have, and walk through your assessment workout to see how we need to customize the program – all based on what your personal goals are. From there, you can decide if you’d like to come back.
2. It’s different every day. Most people come in and tell us they couldn’t stick with their current workout routine because it was boring. CrossFit is far from boring. Every day is a new workout with new movements designed to challenge different muscle groups and different energy systems in your body. You’ll be doing a mix of cardio (running, rowing, biking), calisthenics, gymnastics, powerlifting and more throughout the week. We will mix it all up in a way to keep your body guessing therefore eliminating the chance that your body hits the dreaded “plateau.”
3. You’ll make new friends. Anyone that’s past their 20’s knows that meeting new friends is near impossible if you’re A) not in college anymore, and B) have stopped going to every bar in the city every weekend. CrossFit tends to attract great groups of people, people that strive to be better. You’ll meet people here just like you. Think of this place similar to meeting your friends out for Happy Hour, but only for a much healthier purpose.
4. It’s a blast. At CrossFit Tidal Wave we try to infuse fun into every single class. We also strive to make this the best hour of your day. We play games, make lame jokes, and of course, we make sure you’re getting a killer workout in. Most people don’t realize how much fun fitness can actually be. It makes the hour fly by.
5. Anyone can do this. One thing that most people don’t understand about CrossFit is that it can be scaled to ANY level. The CrossFit program is designed to be scaled. This makes it perfect for any committed individual, regardless of their current fitness level or experience. Thousands of athletes began their fitness journey with CrossFit, having had no prior experience with working out. To scale our workouts, we simply decrease the weight, intensity, repetitions or rounds. Lifting 45 lbs may be too much for you; so try 25 lbs or an unweighted PVC pipe. If you can’t run, then walk or use the Concept 2 rower. Instead of 20 push-ups, do 10, or two sets of 5. You get the idea! Scaling our workouts is easy, yet extremely effective. We are also able to work out current injuries. If you have an injury or something you might be apprehensive about, come in and chat with us about it!
6. The community aspect. Every CrossFit affiliate has it’s own community that grows within its walls. At CrossFit Tidal Wave we have worked very hard to foster an environment that is fun, welcoming, and all-inclusive. CrossFit Tidal Wave is the place where “everybody knows your name.” When you come here, you can expect smiles, high-fives, and fellow athletes helping you through every rep. This is something that you will only experience inside a CrossFit box.
7. You get a LOT done in one hour. We often have people that come in and tell us that they just want to come to the gym and NOT THINK. We hear you!! That’s why we’ll do it for you. Each class is 60 minutes in length, all under the watchful eye of our experienced coaches. CrossFit is personal training for a fraction of the cost. Come in, and let us worry about the sets, reps and workouts you should be doing. Just reap the amazing benefits and results.
8. Results. Ever go to the gym faithfully month after month and realize you’re just spinning your wheels and really not seeing much change? You’re not alone. Because we incorporate so many different aspects of fitness within our workouts, your body is going to change. And fast! Nope, you won’t get bulky (a huge misconception), but you will burn fat, lose inches and get toned. With CrossFit, you’ll see results immediately. We’ll also give you the tools to change your body composition via simple diet and lifestyle changes.
9. Accountability. When you decide to stop showing up to yoga or your local gym’s group exercise class, did anyone but you notice? Probably not. You know you should be going, but life gets in the way. Here, we make it hard NOT to show up…simply because you’ll WANT to come back! Who wouldn’t want to show up and meet a bunch of friends, have some laughs, sweat a little, and get fit? We also make it a priority at CrossFit Tidal Wave to make sure we are helping you hit all of your goals. Want to try your first obstacle course race or PR your half marathon time? How about just be able to run and play with your kids outside a little easier? We are here to help regular people make everyday life fun and easier.
10. It includes strength training. Most people don’t put near enough force on their bones to prevent their bone density from decreasing as they age. Strength and resistance training is 100% necessary to preventing loss of bone mass. Putting forces on the skeleton increases the amount of bone matrix and helps your bones grow bulletproof (almost). Most people don’t even realize how much of a confidence boost it is to start feeling strong! Not only that but you’ll prevent injuries down the road as you get older. This is something that running, yoga and swimming simply cannot provide.